Residential and commercial moving often requires temporary storage. Let’s say you have to move urgently but your new space is smaller and you haven’t figured out what to do with all that stuff. Storage is the ideal solution! Among other moving services, our company provides storage solutions for a complete moving experience. Affordable Packing has saved the best storage units Kalamazoo has to offer for your convenience.
Renting our storage units Kalamazoo is a decision you won’t regret
Finding suitable storage space in Kalamazoo is not that hard – all you need to do is call us. Storage units Kalamazoo will make your move a lot easier. We’ll make sure you get a storage unit that can fit all your belongings and keep them safe for as long as you need it. If a dry, clean, rodent-free unit is what you’re looking for, that is exactly what we offer. We also promise to be respectful of your budget.
You can rest assured that your items are in good hands. If you cannot decide what kind of unit is suitable for your belongings, we will suggest what is best for you. Of course, the final decision is yours. In addition, both short and long distance movers Indiana will drive your belongings to and from the storage facility, do the loading and unloading and carefully fill the storage unit, making sure every box finds its place.
Choose climate controlled storage units Kalamazoo for sensitive items
If you are storing delicate items, especially for a longer period, choosing a climate controlled unit is the best thing you can do to protect them. There are many materials that are highly susceptible to damage caused by natural factors such as heat, cold, or humidity. For instance, wooden and leather furniture is sensitive to humidity and can be severely damaged by mold and mildew. Compared to traditional storage units, climate controlled units cost more. However, investing in a climate controlled storage unit in Kalamazoo can (and probably will) save you a lot more money than you spend.
Packing for storage
Before storing your goods, you need to pack them properly, or even better, let us pack. Our professional packers provide packing services for those who don’t have the time, skill or simply want to avoid any risks. Your items could suffer significant damage during the period they are in storage unless they are properly packed. There are many useful tutorials on the Internet describing different packing techniques. Also, if you are not sure how to pack, you can always ask your Kalamazoo movers, they will be happy to give you advice for easy packing. If you choose to use our packing services, you can opt for full-service or partial packing. That means we can pack all of your items or just the most fragile ones.
Using the right packing material is just as important as proper packing. The safety of your goods depends on it. Whether you choose to pack yourself or not, you are welcome to use our packing supplies. If you purchase them from our movers Kalamazoo, you will know they are good, plus, you’ll have more time to focus on other moving tasks. We offer a variety of boxes and other supplies, suitable for all kind of items, from silverware to large pieces of furniture.
Tips for safe and organized storing
- Start planning on time. Moving and storing requires patience and a lot of research.
- Make an inventory. Deciding what you want to store and making a list precedes preparing packing supplies and picking a storage unit in Kalamazoo. Only after completing this step can you complete the next steps successfully.
- Compare different companies’ estimates to make sure you find the most decent yet affordable offer.
- Ask your storage provider what you are allowed to store. For example, perishable goods are usually prohibited.
- Now that you know how much stuff you are storing, pick a unit that is not too small nor too big. The last thing you want is to run out of space or overpay your unit.
- Keeping track of your belongings is much easier if you label each box. Additionally, keep a detailed inventory with the content of each box on one piece of paper. A little organization could save you an enormous amount of time.
- Place the items you won’t need soon behind those you are more likely to need. This way, when you come to pick up something from the storage unit, you won’t have to move everything to get it.
Tips to avoid damage
- Disconnect, wash and defrost whitegoods before storing. Also, leave their doors slightly open so as to avoid unpleasant smells.
- Store electrical goods in their original boxes if you still have those. If not, our quality packing supplies would be just as good.
- To prevent battery acid leaks, remove batteries form toys, clocks, electrical goods, etc.
- Double wrap items such as vinyl records, books, photographs… basically, everything sensitive to extreme temperatures, especially if you’re not using climate controlled storage units Kalamazoo.
- Pack your items tightly, there should be no empty space in the box. That way, nothing will move during transportation.
- Put smaller boxes on top of larger ones. The same goes for the items inside the boxes.
- Save space by packing your items all the way to the ceiling.
- Matrasses and other long, flat items should be placed on their sides along the walls.
- Placing pallets on the ground under your boxes is also a good idea. Thus, you can avoid damage in case something spills.